Below you will find a list of recommended resources for parents, teachers, and students.
· Colorin Colorado! http://www.colorincolorado.org/
Colorín Colorado is a free web-based, bilingual service that provides information, activities, and advice for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English language learners.
· ESL BrainPOP https://esl.brainpop.com/
BrainPOP ESL is a comprehensive English language learning program that uses highly engaging animated movies to model conversational English while seamlessly introducing grammar concepts and vocabulary words.
· A Maths Dictionary for Kids http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html
This website is a visual and interactive online dictionary that provides definitions with specific examples of academic math terminology.
· Reading Rockets http://www.readingrockets.org/
Reading Rockets is a national multimedia project that offers a wealth of research-based reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to help young children learn how to read and read better. Their reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
o Reading Tips for Parents in 11 Languages
These one-page parent tips offer easy ways for parents to help kids become successful readers.
· Tumblebook Library supported by the Omaha Public Library http://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/Home.aspx
Tumblebook Library is an online library of animated and talking picture books for both young and older readers. There is an option to select a preferred language of English, Spanish, or French. It is recommended to check out the Tumble Tour to find out everything this website has to offer.
· World Stories http://www.worldstories.org.uk/index.php
World Stories is a growing collection of stories from around the world. The collection includes retold traditional tales and new short stories in several languages.
Global Trek http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/globaltrek/
o This site is a way for students to travel the world without having to leave their classroom. The travel itinerary provides links to background information and a chance to read about a country's people and culture.
· Chillola Foreign Languages for Kids http://www.chillola.com/at/starterpage%20english%20new.html
A free foreign language learning site for children. Simple games, activities, and resources for learning vocabulary in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and more.
· Time For Kids: Around the World http://www.timeforkids.com/around-the-world
This website celebrates the culture, people, landmarks and geography of places around the world through photographs, maps, diagrams, charts, folktales, language and activities.