In the Omaha Public
Schools, science is an interactive process consistent with the nature of
science and reflective of scientific values. Science education provides
all students with the opportunity to become scientifically literate.
Using the knowledge and understanding of scientific inquiry, concepts and
processes, students are able to make decisions and take action today and in the
The Omaha Public Schools
will offer a program in science structured to help students achieve the
- Achieve high levels of scientific literacy.
- Learn science in hands-on, minds-on science
- Recognize the contributions and
achievements of diverse cultures and of women in the scientific world.
- Develop a lifelong interest in science and
science related issues that affect their daily lives.
- Evaluate and select a career in science if
it meets personal interests and abilities.
Develop the scientific
background necessary for successful post-secondary education through studies in
regular and advanced placement science courses.