After School Academic Sessions for Student-Athletes
Academic and athletic coaches will have an initial meeting with student-athletes and review rules and responsibilities that will help ensure the student-athlete’s academic success.
The academic coaches will provide assistance to student-athletes in all of the following areas:
· study skills
· organizational and time management skills
· test-taking, ACT and note-taking strategies
· provide small group tutoring sessions
· monitor academic progress
· post high school opportunities and challenges
· help students achieve academic success during their experiences in high school
· assist them as they prepare for their post high school educational and athletic careers.
· explain college/university academic requirements
· review rules and regulations of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)