The procurement process for the Omaha Public Schools, as a public entity, is governed by Board of Education policy/regulations and by Nebraska State Statutes regulating the expenditure of public funds. The objective of the Purchasing Division of District Operational Services is to work cooperatively and collegially with all schools and departments to obtain goods and services in a manner that is supportive of all district initiatives and that is in compliance with all procurement regulations set forth for the District.
The Purchasing Department of District Operational Services will operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to meet the material needs of students in the Omaha Public Schools. The division will function as an exemplary unit in its knowledge of up-to-date quality products and services and in its awareness of the necessity for positive customer and vendor relations.
The Mission of the Purchasing Division of District Operational Services is to focus on the following services and practices.
- Insure that schools and departments receive prompt service to meet the needs of students and staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all District staff.
- Secure high quality, cost-effective products, in a timely manner, using best professional practices.
- Comply with the policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Education and District management.
- Work as a team in an ethical, efficient, professional, and respectful manner.
- Continually search out, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with vendors.
- Work to enhance the purchasing system through efficient use of technology, communication, and training.
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, citizenship status, or economic status in its programs, activities and employment practices and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individual has been designated to process inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (402-557-2001).