For any questions, please contact:
Director of Communications
Meet Jon Lucas and Tiffany-Tate Collins
On May 12, 2017 Jon Lucas the Supervisor of Operations at OPS and Tiffany Tate-Collins the Human Resources Administrator at OPS were recognized by the Empowerment Network for their support and partnership for the past 10 years with the summer jobs program Step-Up Omaha.
"Without your flexibility, passion and unwavering commitment, we would not have been able to sustain this program. You have been with us every year since the program started and stayed with us even during the most challenging times. Your personal attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond for our participants speaks volumes about you both." Willie Barney, Founder and President of Empowerment Network
1. What is your role at OPS? Supervisor of Operations, a department that has approximately 400 employees responsible for maintaining 91 clean and safe facilities that are utilized by 52,000 students in Omaha Public Schools.
2. What makes you passionate about your job? The opportunity to provide safe and clean spaces where students and staff participate in the education process. It also gives me an opportunity to give back to the very district that positively impacted my family and me as well.
3. Any recent awards or projects? Recently I became the senior pastor at New Rising Star Baptist Church and am currently the director of Gospel Music at KCRO AM 660.
Tiffany Tate - Collins
1. What is your role at OPS? My position with the Omaha Public Schools is a Human Resources Administrator. My duties are to recruit, hire and support talented and qualified employees.
2. What makes you passionate about your job? My passion is to see every student succeed and reach their highest potential. In my role with the Omaha Public Schools, I am able to recruit and hire candidates that ultimately impact student achievement.
3. Any recent awards or projects? In February of 2017, I received my SHRM-CP (Certified Professional) Certification.