Athletic Coaches Program
After School Sessions
Brochures and Forms
Welcome to the Omaha Public Schools Academic Coaches Program for Students
To enhance the academic achievement opportunities for OPS students who participate in athletics, the Omaha Public Schools (OPS) Curriculum and Learning Department with the assistance of a generous donor have partnered together.
· Student-athletes in each of the seven OPS high schools will be assigned to academic coaches who will conduct after school tutoring sessions for a minimum of one hour per week during the student-athlete’s sports season.
· It is highly recommended that student-athletes continue to attend tutoring sessions throughout the school year.
· The Athletic Director and Academic Coaching Program lead teachers of each high school will select the academic coaches for each high school program.
· Ninth grade student-athletes will then be assigned to specific academic coaches.
Benson: Jennifer Wittry
Bryan: Lisa Cook-Piccolo
Burke: Monica Dixon
Central: Danielle Brandt
North: Bryson J. Wiser
Northwest: Ryan Carlson
South: Christine Kuhlman
· review rules and regulations of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)