Contact Information

Tammy Yarmon

Nutrition Services Director

(531) 299-0230
(531) 299-0416

Use of Information Statement

The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced-price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

OPS Family Meal Plan

The Online Meal Application is Unavailable at this time.  Please check back July 2, 2019.


 Frequently Asked Questions:

1.  Who can get free or reduced price meals?

All children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) are eligible for free meals.

Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.

Children participating in their school's Head Start program are eligible for free meals.

Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free mails.

Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household's income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.  Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.

             2.  Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No.  Complete one Free and Reduced Meal Application for all students in your household and return to your youngest child’s school or complete an online application.

3.  Should I fill out an application if I receive a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?

No, but please read the letter you received carefully and follow the instructions.  If any children, in your household, were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Nutrition Services, 531-299-9442, immediately.


4.  Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?

Do the members of your household lack a permanent address?  Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement?  Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis?  Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household?  If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven't been told your children will get free meals, please call or email Pamela Swanson, 531-299-9442, 

5.  May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. Citizen? 

Yes.  You, your children or other household members do not have to be US Citizens to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

6.  Will the information I give be checked or verified?

Yes, we may ask you to send written proof of the information you report.

7.  How will I be notified of the results of my application?

Upon making application for free or reduced-price meals, the determining official will notify you by a letter sent to your child’s school, of the “Approval” or “Denial”.  If you do not agree with the decision, you may discuss it with the determining official.  If you wish to review the decision further, you have the right to a fair hearing.  This can be done by writing or calling:  Nutrition Services Director, 3215 Cuming St, Omaha, Nebraska 68131-2024, or call 531-299-0230.

  8.  May I reapply if my income changes or is not always the same?

You may apply for meal benefits any time during the school year, if your household size goes up; income goes down, or if you start receiving SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), or FDPIR (Food Distribution on Indian Reservations).  If you lose your job, your children may be able to qualify for free or reduced-price meals. To find out how to apply for SNAP or other economic assistance benefits, please go online at or call 1-800-383-4278. 

9.  What if some household members have no income to report?

Household members may not receive some types of income that we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all.  Whenever this happens, please record a 0 in the field.  However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes.  Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.       

10.  My child’s application was approved last year for meal benefits.  Do I need to fill out another one?

Yes, your child’s application is good only for that school year and for the first few days of this school year.  You must send in a new application unless you were notified that your child is eligible for the new school year.  If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals. 

11.  What if my income is not always the same?

List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally earn $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you make $1000 per month.  If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

12.  We are in the military.  Do we report our income differently?

Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income.  If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, or receive Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance payments, it must also be included as income.  However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.  Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.

13.  Who should I include as members of my household?

You must include yourself and all people living in your household, related or not (such as children, grandparents, other relatives or friends).  List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application.  Contact Pamela Swanson, 3215 Cuming St. Omaha, NE 68131-2024, 531-299-9442, to receive a second application.

14.  I get WIC.  Can my children get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals.  Please send in an application.

15.  Can I apply online?

You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application.  The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application.  Visit to begin or learn more about the online application process.  Contact Pamela Swanson, 3215 Cuming St. Omaha, NE 68131-2024, 531-299-9442, if you have questions about the online application.

Falsifying an application may result in loss of meal benefits and prosecution of adult signee.  

If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to contact Pamela Swanson 531-299-9442.




Pamela Swanson

Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individual who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.