Board Approved Monthly Treasurer's Report
The District's monthly financial statements have been presented to the Board of Education and placed on file.
District Travel Practices & Procedures
These pages provides current information and forms related to employee travel expenses.
The Financial Guidelines for Reimbursable Programs and Grant Applicants
A 38K Acrobat Reader file that includes information regarding reimbursable programs and grant applications. Acrobat Reader is required to read the guide.
Accounting and Finance Forms
Download PDF versions of the accounting and finance office forms
Download PDF versions of the accounting chartfields.
Procedures and Instructions
Download files containing procedures and instructions.
Download PDF versions of the Elementary & Secondary Student Extracurricular Activity Accounting Handbooks.
Prepared for Success.
The Omaha Public Schools prepares all students to excel in college, career, and life.
1. Safe, Healthy and Engaged Students.
2. High Expectations, Rigorous Curriculum and Effective Instruction.
3. Committed, Diverse and Effective Teachers, Administrators and Staff.
4. Equitable and Efficient Systems and Resources.
5. Engaged and Empowered Parents and Families.
6. Involved and Supportive Community Partners.
7. Accessible, Transparent and Two-Way Communication.
Aligned with the vision of the Omaha Public Schools is the commitment to educational equity for all students, staff, and patrons of the school system. In all places and in all activities of the Omaha Public Schools, it is expected that every individual will be treated in a fair and equitable manner. All conduct will reflect a belief in the dignity and value of each person regardless of the individual's race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizenship status, or economic status.
The Accounting and Finance Office of the Omaha Public Schools will serve as a resource and will provide to the Board of Education, community and staff meaningful, concise and accurate information in the most efficient manner possible to allow for effective and sound decision making practices used in allocation of the District’s fiscal resources. In addition, this office will assure that necessary fiscal, financial and internal controls are in place and operating appropriately to ensure data integrity and to protect the District’s assets from misuse and fraud.
To achieve this mission, the Accounting and Finance Office will be committed to:
* Adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards in all matters
* Exercise honesty, diligence and objectivity in all matters
* Safeguard the integrity of confidential information entrusted to us
* Treat everyone with courtesy, respect, fairness and understanding
*Encourage staff to grow in knowledge and experience so they may reach their
* Promote efficiency and effectiveness of operations
*Serve as stewards of public funds within the framework of federal, state and
* Support a trained and service-oriented workforce