Scott SchmidtBonne, Director

Research Office

531-299-0379 (Fax)

Requests to Conduct Research
Janet Zahm

Requesting Student Data - Form Instructions

Requests for Student Data:
Complete the Request for Student Data Form.  Answer ALL questions on the form.  Failure to do so will prevent the request from submitting electronically.   Additionally, please answer all questions fully to improve the accuracy of your request.

Requests for Staff Data:
Requests for Staff Data (e.g., listing of teachersl) will be forwarded to Human Resources for approval.   This additional layer of review will not allow for the expediting of the request; therefore, please adjust your timelines accordingly.   

Consent to Release Information


The release of student data is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).   Data will be released to external program providers when there is an active release of information (ROI) on file with OPS.



A team of evaluators review incoming data requests each Wednesday.  Allow at least 2 weeks after evaluation for processing.  Requests are prioritized based on district priorities.

Researchers are not permitted to request data directly from schools, staff, or other departments within OPS.

Individuals and organizations receiving data files for research or evaluations must share final reports with the OPS Research Division.  Reports can be sent to Janet Zahm (  Failure to do so may result in denial of future requests for data.

If you have questions or would like help filling out the request, please contact the Research Division (531-299-0226).


Please read the “Guidelines for Considering Requests to Obtain Student Data” and documents below before completing this form.

Student Data Release and Confidentiality Agreement  click here.
OPS Contractor Agreement  click here.
Student Data Confidentiality Statement  click here .


*If the data you are requesting is part of a research project you would like to conduct in the Omaha Public Schools, you will, first, need to get approval from the Research Review Committee by filling out a Conducting Research Request.