Student Information Services - Request Information

Request for Student Records

Educational records of current and former students are available with a written request. The request must be signed by the student (age 18 and over) or the parent/legal guardian (under age 18) of the student.  Written requests may be faxed, mailed, or e-mailed (requests must be scanned and attached to e-mail because the required signature).  All requests must be accompanied by a copy of the requester's valid (not expired) picture identification.

MAIL:   Student Information Services

            Omaha Public Schools

            3215 Cuming Street

            Omaha, NE  68131-2024

FAX:    531-299-0387


Once the request is received, please allow 3-5 business days for the requested records to be processed. The requested records can be mailed, faxed, emailed, or the applicant can pick them up at Student Information Services window at the OPS Teacher Administrative Center (TAC) at 3215 Cuming Street on the third floor.  Please indicate on the request form which method is preferred.

Request for GED Transcript or Diploma

Although Omaha Public Schools no longer offers a GED program, GED transcripts and GED duplicate diplomas may be requested. There is a $2.00 fee for a transcript and a $2.00 fee for a duplicate diploma. Complete the form and mail it to the Department of Education's address on the form with the fee (cash, check or money order only).

The GED transcript form can be found at

The GED duplicate diploma form can be found at

NOTE:  GED transcripts are ONLY available for students who have completed their GED.

Metropolitan Community College does offer the GED program. Please call 531-622-4060 for more information.

Request for Duplicate Diploma

A duplicate diploma and affidavit of graduation are available to any graduate of the Omaha Public Schools.  Documents requested will be available after 2 p.m. the following business day.  A request form is available on this website and must be accompanied by a copy of the requester's valid (not expired) picture identification.

COST:  $10.00 (Cash, check or money order only) Due to the pandemic, fees are being waived.

NOTE:  Transcripts can be obtained from the school of graduation.  Cost varies.

  •     Benson High School:        531-299-2520
  •     Bryan High School:           531-299-2540
  •     Burke High School:           531-299-2580
  •     Central High School:         531-299-2660
  •     North High School:            531-299-2700
  •     Northwest High School:     531-299-2740
  •     South High School:            531-299-2780


Request for Age/Name or Enrollment Verification

Sometimes verification of a current or former student's name, age, or enrollment status/history is needed.  Our office can provide a certified letter with this information.  A written request with the signature of the student (age 18 or over) or the parent/legal guardian of the student (under age 18) and a $10.00 fee (cash, check or money order only) are required. Due to the pandemic, fees are being waived.   Requests for Enrollment Verifications must be accompanied by a copy of the requester's valid (not expired) picture identification.

Once the request and fee are received, please allow at least 2 to 3 business day for Age/Name Verifications or at least 3-5 business days for enrollment history.  On the request form please indicate if you want the certified letter mailed or if you would prefer to pick up the information from the Student Information Services window at the central offices (TAC building) of Omaha Public Schools on the third floor.

Work Permits

Work permits are provided by Omaha Public Schools for any 14 or 15 year old students living within OPS boundaries who have been offered employment.  Before applying for a work permit the student must be at least 14 years old and have the promise of a job.  The work permit is required to have the name of the employer and it will only be acceptable at that place of employment. 

Work permits may be obtained by the student at their OPS middle or high school during the school year by contacting the counselor.  They may also be obtained in Student Information Services at the Teacher Administrative Center (TAC) on the third floor. Please email Student Information Services at for more information before coming to the TAC building.

The student must be present to obtain the work permit.  The state requires the signature of the student on work permits.  Additionally, when applying for the work permit, proof of age is needed.  For OPS students that proof is available in OPS student records.  If, however, the applicant is home schooled or attends a private school, they must bring their original birth certificate with raised seal or a valid Nebraska ID. 

A copy of all work permits is sent to the Nebraska Department of Labor by Student Information Services.