Code of Conduct
The Board of Education believes school is an appropriate setting for all children and youth. The Student Code of Conduct is designed to support this concept by developing, through reasonable and consistent practices, appropriate student behavior patterns. Those behaviors and disciplinary actions set forth in the Code are designed to serve as learning experiences for students. Compliance with the Student Code of Conduct is expected of all students. This Student Code of Conduct applies to all students attending the Omaha public Schools. School administrators will consider student age and grade level amongst other factors when assigning disciplinary actions.
Please review your child(ren)’s school handbook(s) to be familiar with stated behavioral expectations and the possible consequences of inappropriate behaviors. High behavioral expectations also apply when students ride the bus, are on school grounds before and after school, and participate in extra-curricular activities.
The Due Process Hearing office is responsible for:
1. The coordination of student due process in the district
2. Counsel and advice for building staff and parents in preparation for hearings
3. Execution and conduction of the student due process hearings within the district
4. Preparation of Board Appeal packets
5. Preparation of reference materials used within the district for due process administration
6. Training and education of due process in-service
Due Process Hearing Request/Student Rights Brochure - Spanish Version